The lush green valleys of the Himalayas, covered by millions of species of flora and fauna, is home to one of the ancient herbs used locally in the Uttarakhand hills, since time immemorial, with life-changing properties — Jambu.
Jambu, Jamboo, or Jhambu, also known as Faran is a magical spice, with immense health benefits. Grown at an altitude of 2500-3000 m in Alpine Himalayan forests of Pithoragarh and Chamoli districts of Uttarakhand, Jambu is a perennial herb with rosy flowers. The leaves and inflorescence of this mystic flower are dried and then ground to use as a seasoning. It is a flavoring agent that adds a mouth-watering flavor to the dish.
Hilans Jambu (Faran) is cultivated by the women farmers in the hilly terrain with utmost care and love. It is very commonly used as a condiment to add flavors and a faint aroma to the soups and dals. Dals tempered with Jambu have an aroma of onions and are scrumptiously delicious. The best thing about this mystic spice is that once it is added to a dish, no other seasoning is required. It adds an aesthetic flavor to the food and makes it several times healthier. 'Good for the palate and Good for the plate', this spice is a must to add to the grocery list.
Jambu is traditionally believed to cure jaundice, cold & cough and to heal wounds, and treat other stomach-related problems. Loaded with Vitamin C and several antioxidants, it is believed to boost immunity and improve skin texture. The pink-colored Jambu inflorescence and leaves have numerous life-changing health benefits.
Health Benefits of Jambu (Faran)
- Boosts Immunity: Jambu is a good source of Vitamin C and thereby helps in building immunity and keeps several diseases at bay. The rich array of essential nutrients strengthens the immune system and serves as an anti-aging ingredient.
- Augments Heart Health: The Himalayan herb prevents the deposition of bad cholesterol, purifies blood, prevents atherosclerosis, and thus augments heart health.
- Rejuvenates Skin: The antioxidants present in the jar loaded with goodness fight free radicals, prevent early signs of aging, and thus keep your skin looking younger for a longer period.
- Aids Digestion: The fibers and Vitamin C present in the inflorescence of Faran speeds up the process of digestion, preventing bloating and constipation.
- Fights Diabetes: Noteworthy for its nutritional properties and low glycemic index, Jambu is believed to avert blood sugar spikes. Small doses of this potent herb regularly help in regulating the blood sugar levels and thereby reduce the chances of diabetes.
- Suppresses Inflammation: Allium strachevi leaves are explored for their anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties. It contains sulfur-rich compounds with anti-oxidants, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties.
Nutritional Key Points
Hilans Jambu is an impressive source of fibers, carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins, and minerals such as zinc, iron, magnesium, potassium, calcium, and phosphorus.
Hilans brings you the finest quality herb, exclusively from the Alpines of Uttarakhand. Order your jar of this highly nourishing herb and give your body a dose of rejuvenating health. So what are you waiting for? Get yours from the Hilans online store or order directly from Amazon.